If your neighbor always seems to have a clean home, there’s a good chance they rely on a Metro East residential cleaning company like Annointed Hands. They’ve also likely uncovered a few secrets to keep it that way in between appointments – secrets you can use in your own home.
Here are some simple tips to keep up with the Joneses:
- Kill the clutter. While knick knacks often have a sentimental value, too many can leave your house looking disorderly. They’re also major dust magnets. Keep only those pieces you truly love, and donate the rest to a local charity.
- Do sprints, not a marathon. For instance, wash your dishes or toss them in the dishwasher as soon as you use them – even if it’s only a couple of pieces. Dishes can quickly add up by the end of the day, and the dried-on food makes them even harder to clean (not to mention the smell that sticks around).
- Make your bed. Just making your bed every morning helps your bedroom look pulled together, even if you have clothes or other objects sitting around. Plus, experts say when you make your bed before work, it gives you a sense of accomplishment that buoys you for the rest of the day!
- Keep counters and tables clear. If you’re not using your toaster or mixer, store it a cabinet or pantry. Open and organize mail immediately instead of tossing it on a coffee table. Use your dining room table as an office? As soon as you’re done, close your laptop and store away papers and files. Clean, clear surfaces offer you an immediate sense of calm opposed to overwhelming chaos.
- Break up your chores. Instead of tackling all of your duties over the weekend, have a set cleaning schedule. On Mondays, wash bed sheets. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, vacuum the floor. On Fridays, manage the dusting. To make it less painful, throw on your earbuds and listen to your favorite music or podcast while you clean.
- Adjust your alarm clock. When you get home from work, the last thing you want to do is clean, especially when you’re managing dinner, the kids and other activities. If possible, wake up 20 minutes early in the morning and dedicate that extra time to doing a clean sweep of your house.
- Try essential oils. One sign of a clean house is a fresh-smelling house. For example, mix up a combination of 2 cups baking soda to 25 drops of essential oil like lavender or lemon and sprinkle generously on your carpet before vacuuming. Or, create a natural cleaning solution with white vinegar, water and tea tree oil.
Of course, the best way to keep your home spotless is to hire the experts at Annointed Hands. Whether you need us once a week or once a month, our housekeeping team can scrub your abode from top to bottom, giving you the sparkling counters, dust-free furniture and clean floors every busy family wants. Schedule your home cleaning appointment today by calling us at 618.709.0238.